Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Bout of Books 11 Goals + Updates!

Bout of Books

Yay, it's Bout of Books time! I've been reading quite slowly for the past few weeks because I've basically been studying for exams and things all day. But now I'm almost done with that whole shenanigans, and I only have one more exam to go (that I'll be taking in a few hours)! So hopefully I'll be able to sneak in lots of reading time while I'm volunteering at camp as a teacher, or just read a lot before and after camp. I'll be participating throughout the entire week (hopefully!), so let's just get on with it :)

My Goals for Bout of Books 11:

•Read all of the following 8 books (my more detailed goals are listed below):


  • Participate in two or more challenges!

Detailed Book Goals:
So I just did the calculations, and I came to around a total of 2200 pages. Knowing me, it'll probably be even less because I'll be reading these 4 days before the read-a-ton as well. So I would say around 2100 pages in a seven day period (and yeah, I did that simply because I could do math more easily haha). This comes to around 300 pages a day, which I hope to achieve!

Monday, 5/18
Books Read Today: The Ask and the Answer, Monsters of Men, Animal Farm.
  Completed: The Ask and the Answer 
  In-Progress: Monsters of Men and Animal Farm 
Challenge: Completed 1 challenge: Book Scavenger Hunt. Check it out on the actual twitter page 


Total Books Finished: 1
Total Pages Read: 50 pages of The Ask and the Answer, 116 pages of Animal Farm, and 17 pages of Monsters of Men = 183 pages
Notes: Not bad, considering I read a lot more than I thought I would before Bout of Books! Good progress so far :)

Tuesday, 5/19
Books Read Today: Animal Farm, Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone, Monsters of Men
  Completed: Animal Farm
  In-Progress: Monsters of Men and Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone
Challenge: In total, completed one (look above!)
Total Books Finished: 2
Total Pages Read: 24 pages of Animal Farm, 85 pages of Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone, and 195 pages of Monsters of Men = 304 pages
Notes: Yay! This is really good.

Wednesday, 5/14

Books Read Today: Monsters of Men
  Completed: Monsters of Men
  In-Progress: Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone
Challenge: Like This, Try This Bout of Books Challenge: If you like Reality Boy by A.S. King, you should try out Winger by Andrew Smith! Both are enthralling. They are both from a male's point of view, in which he is judged because of a certain aspect of his being, and in which he overcomes the judgement and will eventually succeed. Winger is hilarious, and a bonus is that the authors are actually great friends!
Total Books Finished: 3
Total Pages Read: 327 pages of Monsters of Men

Thursday, 5/15

Books Read Today: 
  Completed: 
  In-Progress: 
Challenge:
Total Books Finished:
Total Pages Read: 

Friday, 5/16

Books Read Today: 
  Completed: 
  In-Progress:
Challenge: 
Total Books Finished: 
Total Pages Read:

Saturday, 5/17

Books Read Today:
  Completed:
  In-Progress:
Challenge: 
Total Books Finished: 
Total Pages Read:

Sunday, 5/18

Books Read Today: 
  Completed: 
  In-Progress: 
Challenge: 
Total Books Finished: 
Total Pages Read:

4 comments:

  1. You picked out some great books! I had a hard time getting through The Fellowship of the Ring, although they are my favorite movies. Hope you like it better. Good luck with your goals, Christine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been having a hard time getting through classics in general lately, so I thought a read-a-thon would be the best cure :) Good luck with your goals as well!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your goals! I am going to work on a Game of Thrones as well. It is good but I had to put it down for a while a few months ago. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) A Game of Thrones is actually really interesting, but still quite hard to read due to the language and phrasings and such. Good luck to you too!

      Delete